BioComplex Sanitiser Case Study - July 2021 Update from West Midlands Broiler Farm
A farm in the West Midlands has been successfully using EKOGEA BioComplex Sanitiser on their poultry house bedding since October 2020.
We are now reporting on the fifth crop using treated bedding, with results from June 2021:
- A second consecutive crop with EPEF over 410
- A fifth consecutive crop of below average FCR
- A sustained 23% increase in margin
- A significant ROI of 20:1 using BioComplex Sanitiser
Performance data from October 2020 has now been analysed over five consecutive crop cycles in four sheds each housing 45,000 birds with a total of 900,000 birds enrolled in the period to July 2021.
The bedding is recycled grade A wood chip which was treated with Ekogea’s liquid BioComplex Sanitiser by the bedding supplier before being spread in the sheds.
- Every ton of bedding is sprayed with 0.5 litres of BioComplex Sanitiser mixed with 5 litres of water
- The results from the five crops are being compared to an average of the results from the previous 6 crops before the use of BioComplex Sanitiser, all with similar average crop lengths.
The Data & Results
- Average weight has improved by 5.5% since introducing BioComplex Sanitiser.
- There has also been a drop in FCR from 1.563 to 1.53 which equates to a 2% improvement in overall feed conversion. Four of the FCR data points from the five crops have been an improvement on those before using BioComplex Sanitiser. Even the outlier was equal to the previous average.
- The farm has shown a sustained 23% increase in average margin per m²
- Farm average EPEF has increased from 373 to 397, with each of the two last crops producing EPEFs of over 410 (415 and 412 respectively). April was only the second time, and now June the third time, the farm has achieved an EPEF in excess of 400.
- These results indicate a massive ROI in excess of 20:1
- The Farmer continues to be impressed with the results and has commenced the use of BioComplex Sanitiser at another of his sites. The first crop using BioComplex Sanitiser has yielded an EPEF of 424, an improvement of 18% compared to the average of the previous 3 crops. We eagerly wait for more crop data in the future given this encouraging start.
For more information about our BioComplex Feed and Sanitiser products for Poultry and Pigs, please contact Aidan Doherty on 07443 456201 or Mike Clarke on 07484 187050 or the office on 01752 710575. Further information can be found on our website at www.ekogea.co.uk